[Nut-upsuser] Startup timing issue with CyberPower CP425HG UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 2 14:36:03 UTC 2011

Citeren Arun <twelvefortyfive op yahoo.com>:

> Yeap. IMO an even better option (if technically feasible) would be
> for the driver to try and reconnect to the UPS every few seconds. It
> seems to do this well if it loses connectivity after having
> established the initial connection, but not at all at startup.

This is intentional. You don't want the system to retry forever if a
driver fails to start. NUT really shouldn't be started before the USB
subsystem has started. What might be wrong, is that the startup
scripts may already return before the service they are starting has
really started. I experienced a similar problem on an older system,
where on startup the system load be so high (due to everything
starting in parallel) that I had to delay starting some services
manually.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)