[Nut-upsuser] blazer & megatec drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 12 19:31:23 UTC 2011

Citeren Pavel Selivanov <biohumanoid.lists op gmail.com>:

> I've being using nut 2.2.2 (Debian Lenny) via megatec_usb driver for
> IPPON Back UPS 600.
> Then I upgraded to nut 2.4.3 (Debian Squeeze) with broken megatec_usb.
> I moved to blazer_usb, it connected IPPON.
>
> [myups]
>     driver = blazer_usb
>     port = /dev/usb/hiddev0
>     desc = "Local UPS"
> #from megatec.c: batteries[] = {{ 12.0,  9.0, 16.0,  9.7, 13.7,  0.0 },
>     default.battery.voltage.high=13.70
>     default.battery.voltage.low=9.70

Checkout the 'runtimecal' option from 'man 8 blazer' to give a
slightly better way to determine the state of charge on the UPS
(provided it reports the load).

> But there are no "battlow=%" option available in blazer, so, I can't
> change "Low battery condition" to be a bit more safer...
> I've seen battery.charge.low option in trunk, but it seems it must
> be implemented in driver, and it's not implemented in blazer.
> Am I right ?
>
> Offcourse, I can workaround this problem:
> NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/sbin/check_lowbatt
>
> /usr/local/sbin/check_lowbatt
> uspc myups | grep battery.charge
> res=$?
>
> But it's an ugly hack...
> Is there any better solution ?
> I missed something ?

See 'man 8 clone' which will do just what you want. The development
version allows you to override the build in low battery detection
altogether and set your own levels.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)