[Nut-upsuser] Error processing nut-client and nut-server

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:54:32 UTC 2012

On Dec 17, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Florentina Jessica Marsha wrote:

> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/nut-server_2.6.3-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/lib/nut/usbhid-ups', which is also in package nut-openups 2.6.5+svn20120612

It looks like some files were moved between the version of the NUT packages in Ubuntu 12.04 (your version) and 12.10.

> driver.version: 2.6.5
> driver.version.data: openUPS HID 0.1
> driver.version.internal: 0.37

This doesn't correspond to the version in the NUT repository (driver.version.internal: 0.38) so it would be worth asking the openUPS folks what the differences are. I've CC'd Nicu.

Nicu: it would probably be good to mark the mini-box packages with some version number suffix that identifies that this is not exactly the 2.6.5 release of NUT. I recommend modifying the version in configure.in, since that will propagate to driver.version, but you can also add something to OPENUPS_HID_VERSION in drivers/openups-hid.c.

> Why can't I connect to localhost in SSL?

SSL support is being reworked at the moment, and we haven't released a new version of NUT yet (the package you are using is based on a developer snapshot). However, you probably don't need SSL if you are not connecting over a network.

> In the Windows driver provided by the ups manufaturer many more information, such as temperature and others, are provided, but not by the Network UPS tools. So, it is clear some of the capabilities of the ups are not portrayed by NUT. Why is this so?

The two potential reasons are the age of the package (addressed above), and the firmware on the UPS.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail