[Nut-upsuser] SMART3000RM2U?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:04:31 UTC 2012

2012/5/9 Moorcroft, Mark  (ARC-TSM)[ERC, Inc.] <mark.moorcroft at nasa.gov>:
> (...)
>
> I think the start of my trouble is I need to change the file added to
> /etc/udev/rules.d
>

> # This file is generated and installed by the Network UPS Tools package.
>
> ACTION!="add", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"
> SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
> SUBSYSTEM=="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
> SUBSYSTEM!="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"
>
> LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_real"
>
> # TrippLite
> #  e.g. ?  - usbhid-ups
> SYSFS{idVendor}=="09ae", SYSFS{idProduct}=="3014", MODE="660", GROUP="nut"
>

> LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_end"

well, you should indeed have a line like in this file:

SYSFS{idVendor}=="09ae", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0001", MODE="660", GROUP="nut"

but it has been there since 2008, so if you use a recent package, it
should already be there!

note that udev rules location have changed over the past year.
so the file may be located at /lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules

if the line is present somewhere, remember that udev needs to be
restarted if NUT has just been installed.
use for example "udevadm --reload-rules"

if all the above does not work, send in more details on your setup
(OS, NUT version, install from packages or source, ...)

cheers,
Arnaud