[Nut-upsuser] battery.charge and other fixes needed for X-Power Tigra 1kVA

Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr
Mon May 14 10:20:51 UTC 2012

Hello Frederic,

Frédéric Bohé wrote:
> [snip]
>> And some more questions:
>>
>> 1) Upon reception of a shutdown command, my server takes approx. 60" for
>> shutdown. Can I set on this Windows server the ups itself to power down
>> after say 90"? According to the upsc output above, the ups has set
>> ups.delay.shutdown to 30". By adding offdelay = 120 (from the docs it
>> seems that offdelay values>  60" are rounded to multiples of 60") in
>> ups.conf or by other means will NUT as part of the shutdown procedure
>> call automatically:
>> 	upscmd<upsname>  shutdown.return 1
>> for it to work? Or should I insert this command somewhere to make sure
>> that the offdelay value will be respected?
>
>> From the blazer man page I see :
>
>         offdelay = value
>             Time to wait before shutting down the UPS (seconds). This
> value
>             is truncated to units of 6 seconds (less than 60 seconds) or
> 60
>             seconds (more than 60 seconds). Defaults to 30 seconds.
>

> So you can try to add this to your ups.conf and see if it works.

If the a battery low is received, the system which is connected to the
UPS initiates a shutdown successfully. However, the UPS does not power
off as configured with offdelay and it does not power up as configured
with ondelay. So it seems that a "upscmd <upsname> shutdown.return 1"
should definitely be used.

Taking into account your response about having SHUTDOWNCMD point to a
.bat file, I was considering modifying SHUTDOWNCMD to point to
myown.bat, suitibly modified to include a call to shutdown.return, as
follows:
SHUTDOWNCMD "C:\\myown.bat"

...where myown.bat would contain the following:
myown.bat:
REM First start shutdown timers for UPS
<pathToUpscmc>\upscmd <upsname> shutdown.return 1

REM Needed sending a command to power
REM down my ESXi server elsewhere (different UPS)
SSH cmd here blah blah

REM Finally initiate local system shutdown
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 0

What do you think? Any caveats I should possibly watch out?

BR,

Michail.-