[Nut-upsuser] i am stuck with setup :)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 16 11:50:08 UTC 2012

On May 16, 2012, at 3:47 AM, Vladimir Micovic wrote:

> U mean on: http://pastebin.com/s1bZRPay ?
>> # cd /usr/local/ups/
>> [root at optimus ups]# bin/upsdrvctl start
>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.3
>> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.04 (2.6.3)
>> Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
>> Vendor information unavailable
>> Battery runtime will not be calculated (runtimecal not set)

upsdrvctl starts the device-specific driver(s), and upsd is the daemon which listens to the network connection (and communicates with the drivers).

> p.s: I change conf. file upsd.users, add line "allowfrom = localhost"
>
> and this is now upsd.conf:
> "ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
> ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
> ACCEPT localhost
> REJECT all"

Which version of NUT are you using? (The ACCEPT/REJECT lines are not used in current versions, and there is a LISTEN directive to control which interface upsd should listen to)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail