[Nut-upsuser] FSP EP 850 doesn't work

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:35:00 UTC 2012

Hi Štefan

> I've bought UPS FSP EP 850 because I have similar UPS, FSP EP 1000. It is
> working on my other server with with Fedora 14, kernel
> 2.6.35.14-106.fc14.x86_64 and installed nut-2.6.2-1. My new UPS is detected
> by kernel (see below lsusb output) and is partially detected by blazer_usb
> driver also. But it doesn't communicate with driver (see below blazer_usb
> output). I run all commands under root. Selinux is in permissive mode.
> This new UPS works OK under Windows 7 with original SW ViewPower 2.09. So it
> isn't bad HW :-)

right, it's possibly just another variation...

the default "communication" subdriver is cypress for 0665:5161.
could you test with "subdriver=XXX" in ups.conf, replacing XXX with
{phoenix, ippon, krauler} and send back the debug output (possibly
compressed, since we have a 40 Kb limit on the list).

if this gives no result:
- trying the NUT trunk (development version) may help investigation,
- a sniff of the USB communication with ViewPower may help identifying
the subtle difference(s).

cheers,
Arnaud
--