[Nut-upsuser] battery.charge and other fixes needed for X-Power Tigra 1kVA

Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr
Wed May 30 06:21:48 UTC 2012

Hello Arnaud,

Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Hi Michail,
>
> great, everything is fine under the sun...
>
> I've checked with an Eaton NV (blazer_usb) for non regression, and committed:
> - the "ACK" patch to the trunk, r3629
> - an addition to the HCL, that encourages bestups users to switch to
> blazer_ser (trunk, r3631),
> - finally, I've added an entry for Lexis X-power Tigra 1kVA in the HCL.

Awesome work Arnaud and Fred!

> while we're working on it, I'd like to see if we can complete a few
> more things, to be able to fully mark bestups as superseded by
> blazer_ser.
> in order to do so, I need a driver debug trace (level 5, Ie "-DDDDD"),
> from the start, for ~1 minute or so.
> I especially need to see how your unit behave WRT "F" and "I" protocol commands.
> this is to potentially add a new "ID" command, that would probably
> better fit into a new subdriver...

Please find attached a log, produced as instructed. I do have a question
though: when I issued "upscmd -u user -p 746372863287 ups1
shutdown.return" the command did not succeed at first. Rather
ERR-CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED was returned. Trying to issue it again a couple of
times returned either the same, or ERR DATA-STALE. I stopped and
restarted upsd and blazer_ser and then the command was accepted. Can't
point on what the problem actually was. Any ideas?

BR,

Michail.-