[Nut-upsuser] upsmon error: Unable to call shutdown command

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:44:11 UTC 2013

On Dec 1, 2013, at 8:46 AM, Roberto Martelli wrote:

>> If you call "/usr/sbin/pm-hibernate" from the command line, does it
>> execute correctly?
>>
>> Roger
>

> Obviously.

You would be surprised how many times people forget things like #! or the execute bit in their shell scripts...

> Also thi command doesn't works with upsmon (but works from command line):
>
> /usr/sbin/hibernate

That is odd.

We aren't doing anything special to execute the command, just a system(2) call:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.1/clients/upsmon.c#L1683

I'll admit that there could be better error reporting. I added an issue on GitHub, but if you built from source, you can extend the upslogx() command line to see why system() is failing.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail