[Nut-upsuser] NUT + devd + FreeBSD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:58:23 UTC 2014

On Aug 13, 2014, at 11:46 PM, O'Connor, Daniel <darius at dons.net.au> wrote:

> I did some fiddling and came up with..
> notify 100 {
>       match "system"          "USB";
>       match "subsystem"       “DEVICE";
>       match "type"            "ATTACH";
>       match "vendor"          "0x0463";
>       match "product"         "0xffff";
>       action "chgrp uucp /dev/$cdev; chmod g+rw /dev/$cdev";
> };
>
> This works for my MGE Ellipse and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work more generally if your script was modified.

Daniel,

Thanks for the info. (Sorry for the delay; couldn't test on a FreeBSD box last week.) I think I have it generating things in that format now:

https://github.com/clepple/nut/compare/freebsd_devd_take2

For reference, which version of FreeBSD are you using? I got this to work on 9.2 and 10.0.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail