[Nut-upsuser] Data stale error after short while

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:53:17 UTC 2015

> I'm trying to build the whole project but am obviously missing
> dependencies... I've come across a configure error
>
> syntax error near unexpected token `CPPUNIT,'

Did you rerun the autogen.sh script after installing pkg-config and
before launching configure?

> which I've seen in a previous discussion you (Charles) had with another user
> should be missing pkg-config dependency, but I do have pkg-config installed.
> I haven't been able to track down an idiot proof installation guide. Happy
> to continue to hack but if there is a guide it will speed me up.

I'm not overly familiar with ubuntu et similia, however I installed
ubuntu server 14.04.1 on a vm and got it working like this:

sudo apt install build-essential autoconf libtool pkg-config libusb-dev
cd /path/to/nut_source_dir/
./autogen.sh
./configure \
    --without-all \
    --without-ssl \
    --with-usb \
    --with-drivers=nutdrv_qx \
    --sysconfdir=/etc/nut \
    --with-drvpath=/lib/nut \
    --with-statepath=/var/run/nut \
    --with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut \
    --with-pidpath=/var/run/nut \
    --datadir=/usr/share/nut \
    --with-udev-dir=/lib/udev \
    --with-systemdsystemunitdir=/lib/systemd/system \
    --with-user=nut \
    --with-group=nut
make

(well, probably that configure line can be shrunk a little..)

Provided that you have already installed and configured the nut-server
package, you can simply launch the driver:
sudo /path/to/nut_source_dir/drivers/nutdrv_qx -a ups_name -DDD

Hope this helps.