[Nut-upsuser] NUT configuration with APC CS650 and ESXi host

DatGingerCat dat.ginger.cat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:14:58 UTC 2015

The serial number looks completely different, but the firmware seems to be
the same. Pasting upsc output:

battery.charge: 80
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: 2013/12/04
battery.mfr.date: 2013/12/04
battery.runtime: 1781
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.temperature: 29.2
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.5
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Back-UPS CS 650
device.serial: 4B1349P18417
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.37
input.sensitivity: medium
input.transfer.high: 266
input.transfer.low: 180
input.voltage: 228.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.frequency: 50.0
output.voltage: 230.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.firmware: 817.v9.I
ups.firmware.aux: v9
ups.load: 5.0
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2013/12/04
ups.model: Back-UPS CS 650
ups.productid: 0002
ups.realpower.nominal: 400
ups.serial: 4B1349P18417
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: 0
ups.vendorid: 051d

I have an update regarding my previous post however, I was wrong about the
poweroff flag not being called, it was in fact called, because if I
manually deleted the flag, the UPS would not shut down.

Another interesting behaviour I found was when using the upsc command, if I
set the ondelay and offdelay options in the ups.conf file, about a quarter
of the info in the upsc output is missing (including firmware and serial
number).

Also, the timer variables in the upcs output do not change, no matter if a
poweroff is initiated, or a shutdown, or delayed load turning off, the
timer variables are always as listed in the output above.