[Nut-upsuser] Guardian LCD 1500 AP ( IGA1500LCD )

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Jan 4 08:45:38 UTC 2017

Hello

     In case anyone is interested and for the sake of updating the
documentation from http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html , I would
like to report that nut v2.7.4  talks successfully ( at least partially
) with the UPS from $topic, which is part of the product line  from
http://www.informups.com/guardian_guardian_lcd600va_2000va.html ( Inform
is a Turkish manufacturer that was acquired by Legrand a couple of years
ago so now all their products are branded as "Inform by Legrand" or even
just Legrand )

     Some technical data:
- the OS is centos 6 fully updated, using my own rpm packages for
nut-2.7.4 ( https://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut/ )
- other info ( ups.conf setting , USB related messages from
/var/log/messages, output from upsc ) is included in the attached file.
- during the last 3 days I have tested several drivers that seemed
appropriate. The only one that worked properly is nutdrv_qx with
protocol q1 ( blazer_usb, usbhid-ups, powercom as well as all other
protocols implemented by nutdrv_qx  did not work for me )

     Leaving aside the rather odd value for the battery voltage ( which
should be fully charged as there is nothing at all connected to the UPS
and it's been powered for several days already ) , one question: what's
the proper approach that a sane person should use to tackle
                 12.311259     Can't autodetect number of battery packs
[-1/27.70]
                 12.311264     Battery runtime will not be calculated
(runtimecal not set) ?

I guess I should run with simulated loads, see how long the battery
lasts and use runtimecal, right ?

     wolfy

--
      Manuel Wolfshant       linux registered user #131416
         IT manager    NoBug Consulting SRL