[Nut-upsuser] Protocol for an Arduino based UPS

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Sun Aug 19 20:31:25 BST 2018

Hi,

I'm building a DIY UPS for a Raspberry Pi using a 12V SLA battery, charger, and
an off the shelf 5V regulator. To monitor the battery level I'd like to use an
Arduino or similar type device. Since the Arduino can have a serial over USB
connection with the Pi I'd like to implement a protocol that can be used with NUT.

Does anyone know if something like this has already been done? The only thing I
could find was this [1], but it doesn't look like there is a NUT driver. Maybe
I'm not searching with the right terms?

If I were implement a UPS protocol what would be the easiest one to implement
that is already supported by NUT?

[1] https://gist.github.com/maxupunk/f38ae7d2c633533e12e99e49995e7893

Glenn