[Nut-upsuser] ups is not reporting load %

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jul 21 01:33:33 BST 2020

Greetings all;

Mother nature stomping around bumping the service enough to kill a print
job, but the ender 3 can be restarted from where it was interrupted.

So when that job was done, I strung a 50 foot cord from an outlet driven
by the 1500 WA supply, and restarted that job for the 3rd time. Thats a
startup draw of 250 watts or so added to this ups.

So once that was done and the job was running ok, I come back in here and
enter upsc myups to see what the load was.  And find upsc doesn't say:

gene at coyote:~/src/freecad-build$ upsc myups
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 99
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: 0
battery.runtime.low: 150
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 27.1
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Smart-UPS_1500
device.serial: 3S1906X11389
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 120
driver.parameter.ondelay: 0
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.96
driver.version.internal: 0.41
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 120
ups.firmware: UPS 03.5 / ID=1015
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2019/02/06
ups.model: Smart-UPS_1500
ups.productid: 0003
ups.serial: 3S1906X11389
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
ups.vendorid: 051d

Is there there some way, in an APC, to enable that?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis