[Nut-upsuser] Nut-upsuser Digest, Vol 200, Issue 3

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Feb 5 12:33:08 GMT 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, William Cole via Nut-upsuser wrote:

> The entry for nut-server.service on my machine was the same as the one that you listed.
>
> It took me a while to locate nut-server.service, hence the delay.  Here's the result of running script -a -c"/sbin/upsd" NUT.script.  Before running this
> I had to "kill" upsd.
>
> image.png
> Looks, at minimum, like I have to lock down upsd.users.  Interestingly despite the line that "Can't connect to UPS [1LRES850] ..." (which is the server),
> I can connect.  The .236 line is the client.

When replying to a post you don't have to create an image.  The idea of the
script command is that you can attach the file NUT.script directly.

When replying, it's not necessary to repeat everything.  The readers of this
list have access to the full thread stored on the mailing list server at
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2022-February/thread.html
Perhaps you could choose "regular" rather than "digest" in your list
subscription options.

Could you show us the file ups.conf?  One way of preparing a report of a NUT
configuration is to download and run the Bash script
http://rogerprice.org/NUT/nut-report and attach the file nut.report to a post.
The Bash script tries to hide passwords, but it's best to check.

Roger