[Nut-upsuser] Android client capable of NUT monitoring, exists and can be made better

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 11:44:52 BST 2023

Hello all,

  A recent issue discussion pointed me to an Android app called
"apcupsd-monitor", which is in fact *also* capable of NUT and Eaton IPM
(via XML/HTTP?) protocols, and looks quite neat for a mobile dashboard:
* https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/Android-clients
* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nitramite.apcupsdmonitor

  As programs go, it is always open to perfection though :) So I posted a
few points of improvement at
https://github.com/norkator/apcupsd-monitor/issues/170 and the author's
reply was reasonable: that basic NUT support came via user request, and any
improvements are quite welcome as PR's but there is no personal urge for
the author (as an `apcupsd` user).

  So, "challenge accepted"? If anyone in the NUT community longs for a
mobile client, there is a sandbox to play in with a head start!

Hope this helps someone get better versed in yet another programming
ecosystem,
Jim Klimov