[OpenPGP-applet-devel] OpenPGP-Applet

Clément Hermann nodens at nodens.org
Mon Oct 9 18:25:28 UTC 2017

On 09/10/2017 19:27, intrigeri wrote:
> Clément Hermann:
>> You should have the notification tray on the bottom left of the screen
>> as well. It's hidden by default, just put your pointer on the bottom
>> left corner and it should show. If the applet is running (you can also
>> run it from the menu, but console is fine), you should have OpenPGP
>> applet icon there, whatever the data in the clipboard is. The icon will
>> change after putting some GPG text in the clipboard for instance.
>
> FWIW I've not seen that icon for months on my sid system.

It's usually OK on mine. I have more trouble with Pidgin and Parcimonie
actually ;)

Anyway, as the GtkStatusIcon support is moving away in GNOME, we will
need to move sooner or later to the "full app with dbus backend +
extension" model (while still supporting SysTray if possible, for users
of other desktop environment, I guess).

Cheers,

--
nodens