[PKG-Openstack-devel] Please don't remove gbp.conf from openstack packaging repos

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Nov 5 19:23:12 UTC 2017

On 11/05/2017 03:52 PM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> I believe those packages only started popping up in Debian unstable
> very recently and Ubuntu 18.04 development has also only opened a few
> days ago so Corey has had very little time yet to try to propose
> changes back to Debian.

In unstable, yes. But we started the upload to Experimental in August,
and that was clearly visible.

> I do think starting this thread is an example of me "contributing to
> Debian" and I'm sorry that so far you don't feel the same.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate contribution, and it's great if you
want to contribute. But indeed, to me, insisting about gbp.conf,
pristine-tar, *AND* this timing, it only feels like it's helping Ubuntu,
not Debian. Hoping this may change in the (near) future: maybe
Canonical's team will confirm they want to release Queens with us?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)