[Oval-devel] OVAL Agent - Status report

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Sun Jul 15 20:26:14 UTC 2007

  Hi there,

  Now i can publish my project status report. My SoC project have 3 main goal:

- Write OVAL definitions generator
- Modify OVAL interpreter to work with deb-based distributives
- Write OVAL Agent and OVAL Server for automatic management security
status of huge Debian network or clusters.

  At this point i have fully implemented definitions generator. It
handle full Debian dsa archive and produce OVAL definitions XML, that
pass OVAL validation. Currently i have some additional suggestion from
OVAL developers ans some plans on refactoring and optimize source
code.

  Second goal is partially implemented. We have working OVAL
interpreter which proper handles simple OVAL definitions. Now i work
on implementing support for architecture and debian-release test.
After this i will work on testing and packaging task. Also  i have
contacts with OVAL developers and i hope that my changes would merged
in next OVAL Interpreter release.

  And i plan to finish my second goal in the nearest week.
--
Pavel Vinogradov