[Oval-devel] Small current-status report

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Tue Jul 17 12:16:49 UTC 2007

  I have small current status report about DSA2OVAL tool and OVAL interpretator.

  DSA2OVAL tool now produce validable OVAL definitions and have small
suggestions like:
- splitting description information from moreinfo tag
- use double quotes for attributes
- Need more code refactoring and error handling unification

  With interpretator i have home important issues:
- Now it can check package version tests generated by DSA2OVAL.
- I know how check architecture test, but this require some changes in
DSA2OVAL and now i working on it.
- Currently i don't  know how check installed Debian version. I know
that this information stored in /etc/debian_version, but currently i
don't know how write OVAL state that check content of file. People
from RadHat have redhat-release package, which version is equals
release number and this fact confused me early.

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Senior Linux Developer