[Oval-devel] Debian installed release test

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Tue Jul 17 21:35:39 UTC 2007

  As we don't find any way to determine Debian release without using
/etc/debian_release file - i start investigate OVAL schemes to find
appropriate testType to examine  content of the file.

  And i find it in independent-definitions-schema.xsd -
textfilecontent-object. I write OVAl definitions to examine content of
release file and now it pass xsd validation (i attach it), but result
of evaluation is unknown. And reason of this - class
probes/independent/TextFileContentProbe.cpp not fully implemented now.
It require implementation of two private functions.

  As result - this class is needed to us and i think that i must go
and finish it implementation (and change project schedule). I see that
sussen have implementation of this class, but this implementation
differ from oval reference. Also i plan to write about it to
oavl-devel, i thing they accept our patch for TextFileContentProbe.cpp
and give some advice and help.

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Senior Linux Developer