[Oval-devel] TextFileContentProbe status

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Tue Jul 31 10:17:46 UTC 2007

2007/7/25, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs at computer.org>:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 12:52:22AM +0500, Pavel Vinogradov wrote:
> > class. This class in required for testing contents of
> > /etc/debian_version.
> One thing I don't understand is that I can see a TextFileContentProbe
> implementation in the OVAL interpreter:
  As i see in oval-devel at mitre thread - this situation fully
described. OVAL Interpreter have many other parts of probes not fully
implemented at this moment.

> This definition does not make sense, how cant both Debian 4.0 and Debian 3.1
> be installed?
  Yes, fixed.

> >   <states>
> >      <textfilecontent_state version='1' id='oval:org.debian.oval:ste:1' xmlns='http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5#independent'>
> >            <line operation="equals">sid</line>
> >     </textfilecontent_state>
> This is not correct, the line for non-stable releases does not equal 'sid' it
> *contains* sid.
  Yes. Currently this is prototype. Also for correct work with 'sid'
distribution i must write other object definition with special regexp
pattern. But my first task - pass Debian 4.0 criteria with implemented
TextFileContentProbe class.

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Senior Linux Developer