[Pcsclite-muscle] Registering virtual readers

Alexander May alexander.may at hjp-consulting.com
Thu Sep 18 09:16:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I implemented an IFDHandler for my virtual terminal that connects to a
card simulation. Currently I configured it as serial reader, open a
server socket during IFDHCreateChannel, let the virutal terminal connect
to it and afterwards forward every function call to the client. This
works quite well for testing. Unfortunately it has the downside that
IFDHCreateChannel blocks until the client is available and currently
allows only for one virtual terminal.

So I could handle the server socket within a thread, eliminating the
issue that IFDHCreateChannel blocks. Then I would be able to handle
multiple connections from my virtual terminals. But this leads to two
questions:
- how can I register them as new readers during runtime?
- Is there a better point where I could start my server socket thread?
Doing this in IFDHCreateChannel requires a "server reder" that will
never connect to any card, which is a little ugly in my opinion.

Regards,

--
BSc Alexander May, Senior Software Engineer
HJP Consulting GmbH, Hauptstraße 35, 33178 Borchen, Germany

www.hjp-consulting.com
www.globaltester.org