[Po4a-devel]Perl building system

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:37:25 -0700

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:15:47PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally had time to work on the unified perl building system. I attach
> the changed files. You can now delete po/Makefile, po/bin/Makefile and
> po/pod/Makefile. This is all done from the Build.PL script. The main
> Makefile (also attached) is only a wrapper for the Build script.
>
> This code needs a big cleanup, but at least it works :)

Thanks, now commited.

> Now there's a little problem with META.yml:
> 1) if we leave it on the MANIFEST and don't distribute it, the Build
>    script complains:
>
> Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
>         META.yml
> Please inform the author.
>
> 2) if we remove it from the MANIFEST, when doing the dist file it says:
>
> $ make dist
> *** Did you forget to add META.yml to the MANIFEST?
>
> May we put META.yml back to the CVS or is there a better solution?

No, this file has nothing to do in the CVS. I did ask Build.PL not to clean
it, and I asked the makefile to regenerate it before doing a dist. And I did
add this file to .cvsignore.

Thanks for your time,
Mt.

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
          --- Isaac Asimov