[Po4a-devel]Buglet in man module

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:05:02 +0200

--IMjqdzrDRly81ofr

Hello,

I just tryed to gettextize the find.1 man page. The issue is that the first
line reads:
.TH FIND 1L \" -*- nroff -*-

So, the \" is used as a "comment until the end of the line" marker. This is
not handled by po4a, which puts cruft into the pot file. Not a big deal, but
annoying.

I think that we should s/\\".*$/$/ somewhere in shiftline. But since I
never know how to match an even number of \, I'd prefer not to commit the
change myself...

Even better, such comments could be accumulated somewhere and placed as
comment from author in the pot file. That's a bit harder to do, but it would
be soo cool !

Thanks, Mt.

--IMjqdzrDRly81ofr

--IMjqdzrDRly81ofr--