[Po4a-devel] xml: unique msgids for tags which are identical in source document

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:52:52 UTC 2012

Hello

[Please CC me as I am not subscribed on the list]

I am working on some docbook which has a list of items:

 <seglistitem>
   <seg>Package Name</seg>
   <seg>30</seg>
   <seg>Yes</seg>
 …
 <seglistitem>
   <seg>Disk Usage Change</seg>
   <seg>30</seg>
   <seg>No</seg>

Which generates this msgid of interest:

 #. type: Content of:
 #: en/aptitude.xml:7233 en/aptitude.xml:7293 en/aptitude.xml:7384
 msgid "30"
 msgstr ""

In some locales the translation of "30" is different for each of these
items.  For example, German should use "30" for the first but "29" for
the second.  Is there some way to generate a unique msgid for each of
those seg tags?  I have tried using ID attributes:

   <seg id="packagename-width">30</seg>
   …
   <seg id="diskusage-width">30</seg>

but this does not work.