[Python-apps-team] gcalcli -- anyone is interested or should I pick it up?

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Tue Jun 9 22:33:25 UTC 2009

thanks for positiveness ;)

> ehm, I'm not a gcalcli user, but there's not grave bugs, there is just
> one bug (yours, #470586) that seems related to a problem in google
> api; so, what's the bad status you mentioned?

I guess it was indeed a bit of exaggeration ;) but
#504812  for got me going after taking over

it pretty much rendered gcalcli useless for me (as well as the original
submitter who submitted it with  a proper Severity: important on 07 Nov
2008 )

470586 is actually somewhat gone now -- but now 'remind' command spit
out GUI at me although once again I disabled weather reporting within
google calendar

> maybe we could be a better team with more people interested in the
> package we (currently) maintain: another reason to join ;)

I guess ;)

> I made 3 commits (ouf of 5), one other from our main
> contributor/sponsor/guru/<insert something positive here> and the last
> one from a long-time contributor: what's the bad practice you see? If
> there is a problem, please tell.
oki doki

absent tags for debian revisions (or did I miss them with my git-svn
clone?)

commit 296
  adding watch file is cool, editing existing changelog entry for a
  version already in Debian -- not quite good

next commit 377
  log message says
    Bump Standards-Version to 3.7.3
  but besides boosting standards version (without ack for that in
  changelog) it changed Priority, which is a right thing; but I prefer
  to have atomic commits, so later on I could easily revert if needed
  and localize the actual change

and that is 2 out of 4 existing commits ( I don't count initial one) ;)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]