[Python-apps-team] trac-email2trac package

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Fri Dec 7 00:53:02 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-06 12:56, Lukas Mueller wrote:
> it looks like the trac-email2trac package in squeeze is missing the run_email2trac script, which is basically needed for the functionality.
>
> Could this be fixed?

I didn't include run_email2trac, because

 - it's written in C, because it needs to be suid whatever, but
   this would make the package "any" instead of "all"

 - I never needed it and hoped that nobody else would need it.
   E.g. one can use getmail and sudo. getmail retrieves the
   emails from an IMAP account and calls something like
   "sudo -u tracuser email2trac". /etc/sudoers must have:
   imapuser ALL=(tracuser) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/email2trac
   IMHO, this is much nicer than yet another suid program...

I was sure, that I documented this somewhere, but apparently I
didn't, sorry. Could you please file a bug against the package,
that this must be documented?