[Python-modules-team] Request to create a new package 'Pyro4'

Irmen de Jong irmen at razorvine.net
Thu Jun 16 01:16:07 UTC 2011

Hello,

this message is a kind of follow-up to my earlier message regarding the request to
update the 'Pyro' package in debian to a recent release (Pyro 3.14 preferably).

I've been creating a totally new version of Pyro for a while now, called 'Pyro4'.
Pyro4 is now rapidly becoming a stable library and as such I was wondering if it is
possible to also include it in Debian in the near future. As a separate 'Pyro4'
package: it is not API compatible at all with Pyro 3.x and as such, cannot replace
the older Pyro package.

More info can be found here including links to the tarball and SVN repo:
http://irmen.home.xs4all.nl/pyro4/

Pyro4's source code is a lot more modern than Pyro 3.x's and I foresee little trouble
turning it into a Debian package. But as I have no experience with creating Debian
packages I may have made some decisions that hinder this process.

I'm interested in hearing about anything I can or should do to facilitate this.

Kind regards

Irmen de Jong