[Python-modules-team] txzmq_0.6.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Tue Jul 30 08:38:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 22:00:07 +0000, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had to reject txzmq, because it Build-Depens on a pure virtual
> package, python-zope. Building succeeds in a chroot now, because there
> is only one provider: python-zope.interface, but would a second one
> appear, the build could not be guaranteed.

So, err.  Since when is that a reason for reject?  There's plenty of
packages with build-deps on a virtual package, which, as you say, is
just fine if that virtual package is guaranteed to only have one
provider at any given time.  Is there a reason to believe that's not
true for python-zope?

Cheers,
Julien
--