[Python-modules-team] python mysqldb on python 3

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Tue Nov 18 02:55:57 UTC 2014

On 5 November 2014 12:11, Collin Anderson <cmawebsite at gmail.com> wrote:

> > There might be a problem because it looks like it conflicts with
> python-mysqldb.
> Yes, it's a 100% compatible fork intended to replace python-mysqldb. Same
> python package name and everything. We could decide to only include it for
> python3, or we could even have this completely replace the original
> python-mysqldb on python2.

I don't much like the idea of having different code base for python2 and
python3 versions.

My current plan (unless anyone objects) is to replace the python-mysqldb
package with the mysqlclient package, keeping the existing python-mysqldb
(which makes sense as the python module name is unchanged).

My initial upload will be to experimental.

(as time permits)
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>