[Python-modules-team] Tweepy ready for upload [Was: Git-dpm help for tweepy]

Ross Gammon ross at the-gammons.net
Thu Feb 11 22:01:08 UTC 2016

Thanks Barry,

On 02/11/2016 04:04 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2016, at 09:09 AM, Ross Gammon wrote:
>
>> I was working last night on fixing the RC bug for tweepy, but got myself
>> in a muddle with git-dpm.

<snip>

> (Aside: I'm not sure I'd say that disabling a unit test counts as a "fix" ;)

Unfortunately the tests fail because they try to access the internet. We
should probably work with upstream to automatically skip the tests if
the internet is not available. I submitted a bug to remind us to work on
a patch.

> You'll be way better off restarting from a fresh clone than trying to fix your
> busted one.  That way leads to madness. ;)

Unfortunately all of my dirty washing was already on display :-)
But anyway, importing the next version of tweepy and using the
--allow-changes-in-debian-branch option fixed the last issue, and now
git-dpm status is clean.

So tweepy is now ready if a willing sponsor could take a look?

Regards,

Ross