[Reportbug-maint] debianbts.py platform independence

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:13:52 UTC 2008

Hi Ritesh,

> I'm one of the users of debianbts.py.
> I use it for pypt-offline (http://pypt-offline.sf.net), which is an Offline
> Package Manager for Debian.
>
> pypt-offline is platform independent. When adding the Offline Bug Report
> feature, I had to make sure that debianbts.py was platform independent.
> That led me to removing some of the imports. I never got back to you.
> Sorry.
>
> I've ended up with a debianbts.py of my own. I've attached it. The
> attached version runs on Windows/Linux.

Sadly, I can't have a clean diff from your debianbts.py and the one in
the svn repo.

> But upstream has changed a lot. get_reports(), the one that I am using, is
> no more seen upstream.

Sorry, who are you referring to as "upstream"? debbugs team?
pypt-offline coders?

> My request is to make debianbts.py platform independent.

Mh, well, one of the goal of reportbug for lenny+1 is to get rid of
custom Debian BTS query code and start using one of the external
modules[1][2] available (there was already a discussion[3] about it
recently), so that part of reportbug code will be dropped.

Kindly,
Sandro

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-btsutils
[2] http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-debianbts