[Reportbug-maint] Short term plan for Reportbug versions

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:18:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I'd like to propose an idea about versions & uploads.

Currently we have trunk that contains the reportbug version in sid &
lenny, and we got Chris' branch to separate reportbug module from
program code.

What I think we can do is:

1. copy trunk to a branch, let's call it lenny, to support Lenny
release in case of grave bugs
2. merge Chris' branch onto trunk and upload it in experimental
3. work on trunk for enhancements, minor bugfixes or so, keep
uploading in experimental

This way, we can still support Lenny in case of problems while we keep
going on with Lenny+1 version development.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Sandro