[sane-devel] Mustek 1200 USB Plus - RH Linux 7.1

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Nov 7 19:14:12 GMT 2001

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:42:51AM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Is it possible to connect the other scanner (1200 USB Plus) to the other
> USB bus so I can experiment with this while the other one can be used?

Yes. The Mustek USB backend supports an unlimited number of scanners.
I have tested 3 USB and 2 SCSI scanners simultaniously :-)

> alias scanner0 scanner

As far as I know, this won't work. Some weeks ago there was a
discussion about autoloading and you may find an answer in the mailing
list archive. Another way is to load the module by putting the
modprobe command in a start file.

> I also see that kudzu is unlinking /dev/scanner since it was linked to /dev/sg0
> (from my previous scsi scanner installation - don't know if that matters).

That's correct: /dev/scanner should NOT point to an USB device.

> I'm compiling the 2.4.9 kernel at the moment hoping to get better automatic
> device detection.

By the way: Why not use the most recent kernel?