[sane-devel] First version of the new test backend released

Nick Lamb njl98r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 2 03:55:02 BST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 08:19:37PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> - test pictures for most modes (see
>   http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/test-backend/test_pictures.html )

This is brilliant. Really, really good. One thing that might want to
consider in addition would be a mode/option/whatever that produces a
ruler or something so that the frontend resolution behaviour can be
checked

ie at 300 dpi the ruler might be 1800 pixels long w/ divisions every
300 pixels, and at 72 dpi it would be 432 pixels long, divisions every
72 pixels. So when viewed at 1:1 resolution scale the ruler should
look the same in any resolution. Does that make sense?

If you already did that ignore me, I really must find some time to try
this out soon.

Nick.