[sane-devel] Scanner for 6x6 slides and fast B/W input?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sat Apr 13 11:46:33 BST 2002

Hi,

> Well, how fast is it? I am lookiung for a scanner that can do a whole page
> (A4) at 600 dpi in black and white (1 bit color depth) in less than 30
> seconds.

I just measured 50 seconds until all image data has been caputured, 57 seconds
until the tray has returned to the start position and the scanner is ready
again. (Acer 620 UT, 600dpi, lineart, scan to xsane viewer, 800MHz Duron,
usb-uhci driver). To some degree the results will also depend on the rest of
your system (e.g. systems with ohci USB chipsets might be even faster).

Regards,

Oliver