[sane-devel] scanimage bug?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Apr 27 11:24:03 BST 2002

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:38:34PM +0100, Major A wrote:
> Anyway, my question is: in scanimage, the options for specifying the
> scan area are the left limit and the width, rather than left and right
> limits (and similarly for the vertical direction). scanimage will
> accept any input that the backend will accept, I have, however, a
> suspicion that the info printed by scanimage -h is wrong. coolscan2
> currently uses pixels as unit, and both width and height are given
> with a range that doesn't go far enough: it is one pixel to
> narrow. This is just cosmetic really, because I can still specify the
> full width and height, even if it's one more than the maximum given by
> scanimage -h.

I just tried with a slightly modified test backend with SANE_TYPE_INT
and the range looks ok. Are you sure that this is not related to the
"range->max = s->boundaryx - 1;" you use when initializing the
ranges? Can you add a DBG in sane_control_option that prints range.max
for the option that's currently read? Together with the output of
scanimage it should be possible to find the source of the problem.