[sane-devel] resend: remove OfficeJet support from SANE hp backend

David Paschal paschal at rcsis.com
Sat Aug 31 00:19:19 BST 2002

Hi.  Attached is a patch to remove OfficeJet support from the SANE "hp"
backend and documentation, now that I have made a stable release of the
new "hpoj" backend (http://hpoj.sourceforge.net), which supports this
class of devices much better.  The patch disables the check for libptal
in configure.in (you will need to run "autoconf" before checking this in),
and it updates hp.desc and sane-hp.man accordingly.

I didn't actually change any code in the "hp" backend, because the
affected code is wrapped with "#ifdef HAVE_PTAL".  I'll let Peter
Kirchgessner decide what to do about it, but it wouldn't hurt to leave
it there for now.  (Peter: at some point you might also want to update
http://www.kirchgessner.net/sanehpfaq.html accordingly.)

Please apply this patch to CVS, or let me know if I need to change anything
about it before that can happen.  I have also posted this patch at
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/todo.shtml.

Thanks,
David