[sane-devel] Network scanning with sane and g85

Brent Hasty blueeagle1 at crosswinds.net
Tue Dec 10 23:00:43 GMT 2002

I have a HP G85 running stabily on spool a small print server, It is setup to
scan and does a very good job (ecept sheetfeed dont work automagically using
xsane). I am currently ssh'ing over to spool from any of the terminals on my
terminal server. I would like to setup the feature of sane that lets you
nework export and network acess scanners not locally connected. I have
followed the how too, without sucess.
Has anyone out there sucesfully made the scanning feature of a g85 avaliable
to other clients on the network?
if so how?
--
  2:56pm  up 2 days,  2:55,  9 users,  load average: 2.17, 2.08, 2.02