[sane-devel] RE: (Big?) Problem with fork() in OSX

Phil Barrett phil at cambridgeanimation.com
Tue Dec 17 14:33:19 GMT 2002

Beat Birkhofer wrote:

> In plustek.c in the function sane_start() there's a fork(). Just
> after calling this fork() the connection to the USB is broken
> (IOService fails).

If it's anything like the SCSI side, which I looked at a long while back,
this is because the access to the interface is exclusively given to the
thread that opened it. I had the HP (I think - it might have been another
one) driver working fine until the point where it fork()ed to receive the
scan data.

Phil