[sane-devel] http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2001-December/001229.html

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Dec 30 22:47:57 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:02:25PM -0500, Raven Brooke wrote:
> I am having exactly this problem with an HP 2300c.

You mean the problem mentioned by the poster that wrote the article
you linked in the subject? Really? He has a Plustek 9636P parallelport
scanner while you are having a Hewlett-Packard 2300C which is listed
as a USB scanner.

> I get as far as insmod pt_drv failed

Why do you want to load the kernel module for Plustek parallel port
scanners?

> after seeing
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-19.7.x/misc/pt_drv.o: init_module: Success

Generally speaking, you may get more output in syslog
(/var/log/messages). But I don't think it will help in your case.

> According to the post, a solution was found to this problem a year ago,
> but there is no mention of where the documentation regarding the solution
> is located. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

As far as I know there is no support for this scanner. At least that's
what http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html states.

While the Plustek backend does support some HP scanners that are based
on the LM983X chips, the 2300 doesn't seem to use these chips.