[sane-devel] xscanimage no translation ?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Jul 22 13:34:26 BST 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:51:03AM +0200, Jean-françois Dalbosco wrote:
> i've recently install Sane on Irix and the frontend Xscanimage ( but
> not XSane ) and it works perfectly. But it's in English and i would
> like Xscanimage to be in French ( is it possible? ).

No. XScanimage does not have support for internationalization. And I
guess it won't ever have.

Try XSane or quiteinsane.

> I'v also tryed to recompile the Sane backends with --enable-translation
> set, but when i try to compile the *.po files i get the message:

That's necessary to get the translations of the backend options. You
still need a frontend that supports internationalization.

> Msgid "" duplicate definition and the first definition was found in
> SaneOpts.*.mo.

Probably you mean saneopts.*.mo. That's a known problem with current
versions of gettext which are more picky about such issues than older
ver sions. I have no idea how to fix it. Looks like gettext just can't
handle what we need (several po files compined into one mo). At least
I don't know how to do it.