[sane-devel] Canno Scan N650U and FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Jul 31 16:32:19 BST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:21:03AM +0200, Ryan Budge wrote:
> I would love to set my Cannon CannoScan N650U up with FreeBSD 4.6.  I
> installed the usual way through the ports collection but to no avail.

There is a Linux program (not a backend) at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/millwardjp/ . I didn't have a look at it
but as it uses libusb I guess porting to FreeBSED shouldn't be too
difficult.

> According to : http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html
> there is some form of backend on the way or being developed.  The page
> is rather old though
> *       Last modified on 20th November 2001
>
> I have tried to use the "sane-canon630u" backend.  But it doesn't work.
>
> sane-find-scanner doesn't seem to work either.
>
> On the FreeBSD side the scanner is found by the kernel on /dev/uscanner0

If it's detected by the kernel sane-find-scanner should also find it.
It won't be able to detect what vendor and product you have beacuse
the FreeBSD uscanner driver doesn't provide that feature.