[sane-devel] Relocation error

Alexander Hunziker alex.hunziker at rega-sense.ch
Sun Dec 21 11:12:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with sane, out of a sudden it complains about
a relocation error. Let me first give you my configuration:

It's a Gentoo box with a 2.6.0 kernel. sane is 1.0.13, libusb is 0.1.7.
The output of sane-find-scanner is: "found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9
[Canon], product=0x220e [CanoScan], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:004:002",
which makes very much sense.

In the config file for the plustek backend, I put the line
device libusb:004:002

Now, if I call scanimage -L, all it gives is
scanimage: relocation error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-brother.so.1:
undefined symbol: sanei_usb_init

If, however, I execute scanimage -d plustek:libusb:004:002 > testimage,
it works fine.

Does anybody know what to do about that?

Thanks,
Alex

--
Auch für den Physiker ist die Möglichkeit einer Beschreibung in der
gewöhnlichen Sprache ein Kriterium für den Grad des Verständnisses, das