[sane-devel] sane 1.0.9 crashes

Per Aalrust PerAalrust at t-online.de
Sun Jan 5 23:00:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

Henning you were right! I had the Kowa software installed for test
and the sane backend was replaced.

> The epson backend maintainer may understand that better, but my
> impression is that xscanimage sets the resolution to 301 but it
> shouldn't. In fact I'm surprised that xscanimage provides a slider at
> all. The epson backend code shows that the backend provides a "word
> list" so, xscanimage shouldn't show a slider but a selection menu.

	Yes it does, if you install clean sane. ;-)

> Does xsane show a slider or a selection menu with fixed values for the
> resolution?

	Xsane seems to be a little bit more "intelligent", it offers an option
to change to selection menue, when the Kowa backend is installed. Xsane
works fine with the Kowa backend.

> Are you sure you are using the epson backend from SANE 1.0.9 and not
> the Epson software (KOWA)?

	Right this was my problem! I did some experiments with the Epson
Kowa software and therefore the sane backend was replaced.

Thanks for help!

Bye
Per