[sane-devel] Re: modules/microtek

Karsten Festag karsten.festag at gmx.de
Mon Jan 6 19:36:28 GMT 2003

Hi Moby,

the Scanmaker 5700 is not yet supported by SANE. But there may be a chance to
get it to work via the firewire interface. I have no experiences with this,
but I think there is a kernel module which makes a firewire device appearing
as a generic SCSI device (/dev/sg....). Then you should be able to detect the
scanner with sane-find-scanner and if we are lucky the scanner uses commands
similar to the microtek2 scanners.
Perhaps somebody in the SANE mailing list can give some hints concerning the
firewire setup?
If sane-find-scanner detects your scanner please follow the instructions in
the manpage and send me a logfile.

Regards,

Karsten