[Fwd: [sane-devel] saned/Epson problems - ?third try?]

khk at khk.net khk at khk.net
Thu Jan 9 17:29:31 GMT 2003

[ .. ]

>> the backend can give you. The scanner actually reports the resolutions
>> it can deliver, and 2400 is the highest value the backend receives.
>>

> but i get the choice to scan in 3200 dpi resolution with my scanner.

I must have remembered this wrong. But it's still true that 2400dpi
is the optical resolution of the scanner. It has to interpolate the
sensor data to create 3200dpi output.

And it's also still true that this is the highest resolution tha the
scanner reports. Have you compared scans with 2400dpi and 3200dpi?
I would not expect any more details in the 3200dpi scans.

Karl Heinz