[sane-devel] backend for HP5470c (and probably HP5400 family)

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt at nerim.net
Fri Jan 10 12:01:58 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

Owning an excellent HP scanjet 5470c scanner, I would like to make it work
with my mandrake 9.0 linux box as I would like to get rid of Win2k.

USB Snoopy helped me to get some logs of :
* turn on/off the scanner
* turn on/off the HP scanning software
* preview scan in full color
* scan whole area in Black & White

using these logs and the testtool upon libusb by Bertrik Sikken
(http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~bertrik/hp5400/index.html),  I managed to make the
scanner move but not to scan as some bulk_written data are missing in the
logs and also because I have till now no experience with writing device
drivers.

Finally, is there anyone out there who dedicates some time to write a back-end
for this family of scanner ? Could I help him/her in some way ?
Else, is there a "how-to" about writing sane backend ?

Happy new year to the sane family.

Thomas